Wind Chill Advisory:
- ...Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to noon EDT Thursday... The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind Chill Advisory...which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to noon EDT Thursday.
- Locations...portions of North Carolina...Virginia and West Virginia west of the Blue Ridge...especially the higher elevations.
- Hazard types...very cold wind chills.
- Wind chill...5 to 10 below zero due to temperatures in the mid 20s...and northwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
- Timing...wind chills will be coldest around sunrise Thursday.
- Impacts...frost bite may occur to exposed skin...especially for Young children and the elderly.
- Winds...northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
- Temperatures...in the mid 20s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and