Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 3:49 PM EST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 4:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon... The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon.
- Event...wintry mix of freezing rain changing to sleet and snow.
- Timing...beginning around midnight Wednesday night and continuing until 4 PM EST Thursday afternoon.
- Impacts...freezing rain accumulations a quarter of an inch or less...changing over to sleet and snow with accumulations generally 2 inches or less. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...and/or ice accumulations. Future driving conditions may become hazardous...so continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Areal Flood Watch:
Issued at: 10:54 am EST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Flood Watch remains in effect from 7 PM EST this evening through Thursday evening... The Flood Watch continues for
- portions of east Tennessee and southwest Virginia...including the following areas...in east Tennessee...Campbell... Claiborne...Hancock...Morgan and Scott TN. In southwest Virginia...Lee...Russell...Scott...Washington and wise.
- From 7 PM EST this evening through early Thursday evening.
- Precipitation amounts between 1 and 3 inches combined with water from melting snow and ice may produce flooding across this region.
- Flooding potential includes flash flooding...areal flooding... and river flooding. Snow and ice clogging drains may cause flooding in spots not normally prone to water ponding issues. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy rain...which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If you are in the watch area....keep an eye out for rising water or water over roadways. Keep informed...and be ready for action if flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you come to a closed or flooded Road...turn around! Don't drown! TD
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to email@example.com.
Severe Weather Information By County:
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and
Tweets from https://twitter.com/WCYB_Rambo/lists/stormtrack-5