Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning:
Issued at: 3:24 PM EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 12:45 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Morristown, TN has issued a
- Flood Warning for the Clinch River at Cleveland VA.
- From this evening until Friday afternoon.
- At 02:45 PM Wednesday the stage was 12.7 feet and rising.
- Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is forecast.
- Forecast...rise above flood stage by this evening and continue to rise to near 15.0 feet by Thursday early afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by Friday morning.
- At 16.0 feet...approximately 10 acres are flooded, including the ballpark. Lat...Lon 3680 8247 3686 8252 3706 8185 3700 8182 1257 PM EST Wed Mar 4 2015 The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a
- Flood Warning for... rain and snowmelt in... Russell County in southwestern Virginia...
- until 1245 PM EST Thursday
- at 1251 PM EST...emergency management reported five Road closures around the County due to high water. Snow melt has mainly caused these occurrences of high water...but rainfall expected later today and tonight should compound the flooding problems.
- Some locations that may experience flooding include... Lebanon...Cleveland...Honaker...St. Paul...dye...Castlewood... Collingwood...Hansonville and Rosedale. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded roads make the smart choice...turn around...dont drown. Lat...Lon 3711 8189 3704 8182 3696 8178 3687 8194 3688 8199 3686 8208 3683 8212 3680 8211 3676 8224 3671 8233 3688 8241 3691 8230 3697 8233 3700 8229 3699 8225 3704 8217 3705 8204 3707 8202 3712 8201 3714 8190 13
Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 2:35 PM EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 4:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 1 am to 4 PM EST Thursday...
- event...wintry mix of freezing rain changing to sleet and snow with up to a quarter inch of ice accumulation and 2 to 4 inches of snow.
- Timing...beginning around midnight Wednesday night and continuing until 4 PM EST Thursday afternoon.
- Impacts...Road conditions will become hazardous. When traveling...slow down and drive with caution. Give yourself extra room between you and the vehicle ahead of you. The ice accumulations may down trees and power lines with localized power outages possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow...sleet... and/or freezing rain are expected...causing hazardous driving conditions. Travel is discouraged. If travel is unavoidable... keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Areal Flood Watch:
Issued at: 11:17 am EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday evening... The Flood Watch continues for
- portions of east Tennessee and southwest Virginia...including the following areas...in east Tennessee...Campbell... Claiborne...Hancock...Morgan and Scott TN. In southwest Virginia...Lee...Russell...Scott...Washington and wise.
- Through Thursday evening
- precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches combined with water from melting snow and ice may produce flooding across this region.
- Flooding potential includes flash flooding...areal flooding... and river flooding. Snow and ice clogging drains may cause flooding in spots not normally prone to water ponding issues. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy rain...which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If you are in the watch area....keep an eye out for rising water or water over roadways. Keep informed...and be ready for action if flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you come to a closed or flooded Road...turn around! Don't drown!
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Severe Weather Information By County:
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and
Tweets from https://twitter.com/WCYB_Rambo/lists/stormtrack-5