Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 7:02 am EST on February 10, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on February 10, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
- event...scattered snow showers will slowly diminish this morning with flurries this afternoon. Most locations will only see a dusting of additional snowfall...but the heavier snow showers could produce up to an inch. The heavier snow showers will reduce visibility...so drive safely.
- Timing...snow showers diminishing this morning with flurries this afternoon.
- Impacts...the snow could cause hazardous driving conditions... especially on secondary roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow are expected or occurring...but accumulations are expected to be light. Driving and walking may be difficult on untreated roadways and sidewalks. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities. If you must travel...slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
Winter Storm Warning, Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 7:02 am EST on February 10, 2016, expires at: 12:00 PM EST on February 11, 2016
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening... ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon EST Thursday...
- event...scattered to numerous snow showers will slowly diminish today. Additional snowfall amounts up to 1 inch in the lower elevations...with an additional 1 to 3 inches across the higher elevations. The heavier snow showers will reduce visibility...so drive safely.Additionally...wind chill readings will be turning sharply colder with readings -5 to - 15 at times from this evening through Thursday morning.
- Timing...snow showers slowly diminishing today...and dangerous will chill temperatures will continue into Thursday morning.
- Impacts...the snow will cause hazardous driving conditions... especially on secondary roads. Travel is strongly discouraged today in the high mountainous terrain. Unless it is absolutely necessary! Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. In addition... snowfall intensities will be heavy enough to substantially reduce visibilities at times. Travel is discouraged. If travel is unavoidable...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and strong winds will combine to generate very low wind chills. These conditions can result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia or even death if precautions are not taken. Those venturing outdoors should dress warmly...making sure all exposed skin is covered.
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Severe Weather Information By County:
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and