Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:16 PM EDT on October 31, 2014, expires at: 2:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT Saturday...
- locations...Dickenson and Buchanan counties in southwest Virginia...plus McDowell and Wyoming counties in West Virginia.
- Hazard types...snow.
- Snow accumulations...1 to 3 inches in the river valleys. 4 to 6 inches across some of the higher eastern Mountain Ridge tops of Buchanan and Dickenson counties in southwest Virginia.
- Timing...rain will change to snow by midnight tonight and continue into Saturday morning. The snow should diminish and even mix back with light rain Saturday afternoon.
- Impacts...untreated roadways may become snow covered... resulting in hazardous travel...particularly over the high elevations. Wind gusts may cause lower visibilities at times especially across the high terrain.
- Winds...northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Please report snow accumulations to the National Weather Service by calling toll free...800-401-9535...when you can do so safely. This phone number is to be used for reporting purposes only. You can also report winter weather by posting your report to the Charleston West Virginia National Weather Service facebook Page... or by using the twitter hashtag...nwsrlx. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/rlx.
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Severe Weather Information By County:
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and
Tweets from https://twitter.com/WCYB_Rambo/lists/stormtrack-5