Winter Storm Warning:
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am Sunday to midnight EST Sunday night...
- locations...portions of the mountain Empire through the Blue Ridge in extreme southern Virginia...southward across the North Carolina mountains.
- Hazard types...freezing rain. Some snow or sleet likely at the onset.
- Accumulations...one quarter inch to one half inch of ice. Highest accumulations are expected along the Blue Ridge. Minor accumulations of sleet are also expected.
- Timing...4 am Sunday to midnight EST Sunday night
- impacts...ice will accumulate on trees and powerlines causing power outages. Roads will also become slick and hazardous... especially bridges and overpasses.
- Temperatures...in the lower 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of ice are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Submit Your Storm Report
Send your storm reports and severe weather pictures and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|TRAFFIC AND TRAVEL INFO LINKS:|
Severe Weather Alerts
by e-mail or text message
|Track Severe Weather Conditions on the News 5 Weather Network||Severe
Wind, Hail, and