BUCKLE UP TRI-CITIES, WE'RE GOING FOR A TEMPERATURE ROLLER COASTER RIDE OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO!

THE WEEKEND STARTS OUT SUNNY AND HOT... ENDS WITH A POTENTIAL FOR THUNDERSTORMS

COOLER THAN NORMAL TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED MUCH OF NEXT WEEK, WITH POSSIBLE RECORD LOWS!

Tonight: Fair and mild. Patchy late night fog. Lows 56-62. Light wind.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and warm. Highs 85-92. West wind 5-15 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms late. Lows 63-68. Light southwest wind.

Sunday: Mix of clouds and sun. Breezy. A 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day (60% chance late). Highs 85-90. Southwest wind 10-20 mph.

Weather Summary:

We are tracking high pressure in the StormTrack 5 Weather Center. This will provide the Tri-Cities region with fair and mild conditions tonight. Some patchy dense fog may develop toward morning. Lows will be comfortable in the upper 50s to lower 60s.

A warm front will push north across the southern Appalachians on Saturday. A southwest flow of air will ensue helping to push temperatures into the upper 80s to lower 90s during the afternoon. Lots of sunshine is expected Saturday.

Sunday's weather will offer up breezy and warm conditions.  Following morning lows in the 60s, highs Sunday afternoon will climb into the 80s to around 90.

StormTrack 5 meteorologists are tracking a strong cold front that will approach the Tri-Cities late in the weekend.  There is a chance of a shower or thunderstorm as early as late Saturday night into Sunday morning, however, a greater chance of showers and thunderstorms will develop later Sunday afternoon or at night.

There will be a potential for strong to severe thunderstorms, especially Sunday evening as showers and thunderstorms become more likely. The main dangers from any severe storm will be damaging thunderstorm winds. Lightning, heavy rain and hail will also be possible with stronger storms. 

Stay with the StormTrack 5 weather team, and News 5 WCYB as we track this weather system on Sunday/Sunday night.  We will alert you and your family to any potential dangers on-line, on-air, and on mobile.

The cold front is forecast to sweep across the region Monday morning.  A few lingering showers are possible Monday morning. Following the passage of the front, cooler and less humid air will pour into the Tri-Cities.

High pressure will dominate the local weather Tuesday and Wednesday.  Sunny and pleasant weather is forecast Tuesday and Wednesday.  Highs will be in the 70s to near 80, and lows will drop into the 50s.  Some 40s are likely across the normally colder mountain valleys. 

For the third time this month, record or near-record lows are going to be possible.  The record for Tuesday morning is 55° set in 2013, and the record for Wednesday morning is 56° also set in 2013.  Both of these records may be in jeopardy!

A few scattered, mainly afternoon/evening showers and thunderstorms will be possible on Thursday and Friday.  Daytime highs will remain below normal in the upper 70s to lower 80s.  Lows will be in the middle 50s to lower 60s.

Our normal high is 85°, low 64°.

Meteorologist Dave Dierks