Posted: Dec 31, 2013 05:02 PM EST
Updated: May 24, 2016 01:34 AM EDT
10. Man reunites with emergency crews after heart stops for more than 100 minutes: Emergency crews are trained to save lives, and that's exactly what one local crew did when they found a man suffering from hypothermia. He was found with no pulse in a ravine. Click here to read the story.
9. Risqué window display causing controversy: An inflatable doll wearing a party dress lying in bed in a window display surrounded by empty wine and pill bottles created a controversy in Coeburn, Virginia. Click here to read the story.
8. Parents warn about "molly" after daughter's tragic death: Parents of a University of Virginia student from the Tri-Cities who died in September want to help other parents avoid their heartache. Click here to read the story.
7. Six vehicles hit, two troopers injured in high-speed chase: State police say a man made an abrupt turn at a police checkpoint. That's when troopers tried to stop the suspect and a chase ensued. Click here to read the story.
6. 65 cabins damaged by Pigeon Forge fire: Dozens of cabins go up in flames at a vacation resort in Pigeon Forge, charring more than 160 acres of land. Click here to read the story.
5. Mouse's Ear destroyed by early morning fire: An early morning fire had firefighters deeming a Johnson City bar a complete loss. Click here to read the story.
4. Youngest thru-hiker nears goal: We've met many thru-hikers over the years, but one is about to do something no one else has done -- hike the entire trail at age five. Click here to read the story.
3. Cop goes undercover as high school student: A Carter County deputy went undercover as a high school student as part of a drug sting called "Operation Jump Street." Click here to read the story.
2. Child credited with saving mother's life: When 4-year-old Taylor Trammell couldn't wake her mom up, she called an out-of-town family member, who then called Greene County 911. Click here to read the story.
1. 86-year-old woman grabs gun in self-defense: This story about an Bulls Gap woman defending herself in a home invasion is not only the top story of 2013, but it's been viewed more than any other article in the history of WCYB.com. It was featured on the Drudge Report and many other national news websites. Click here to read the story.