At 9:10 AM, Hurricane Irma made landfall on Cudjoe Key in the Florida Keys as a Category 4 storm. The National Hurricane Center says that the storm has maximum sustained winds of 130 mph.
Irma will ride up the Florida Gulf Coast as a major hurricane Sunday and early Monday.
For Irma's local impact, click here.
For continuous coverage on our sister station, WPEC in Palm Beach, click here.
- Updated "Toys from Cops" event helps kids in need in Sullivan County
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth
- All-star game at UVA Wise boosts local businesses