Mochi now has two titles to her name, a very good girl and world record holder.
The Saint Bernard snagged the Guinness Book of World Records title for the longest dog tongue.
"Mochi is a rescued Saint Bernard and we've had her for about six and a half years," Mochi's owner, Carla Rickert, told the Guinness World Records. "Her tongue measures from snout to tip 7.3 inches."
In comparison, Mochi's tongue length is equal to the length of two and a half Jenga blocks in a row.
"When we open that Guinness World Records book and see Mochi's picture in there, we're going to feel very proud."
Rickert told the Guiness Book of World Records that Mochi faces some obstacles to due her long tongue. These include breathing challenges, extra slobber and dirt/dust sticking to her tongue. It's all worth it though, especially when feeding the pup some peanut butter.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School