BRISTOL, Va. - News 5 WCYB has learned that Virginia High boys basketball head coach Wayne Rasnick will not return next season.
Virginia High Athletic Director Barry Reed confirmed that Rasnick is retiring from the high school.
Rasnick coached the Bearcats for three seasons, leading them to the state tournament twice. Under Rasnick, they reached the state final four in 2012 and the elite eight this past season.
This leaves two head coach openings at Virginia High. Girls basketball coach Mike Goforth announced last month that he is leaving to become assistant principal at Union High School.
Reed says he expects to have both positions filled within a week.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court