BRISTOL, Va. - News 5 WCYB has learned that Virginia High boys basketball head coach Wayne Rasnick will not return next season.
Virginia High Athletic Director Barry Reed confirmed that Rasnick is retiring from the high school.
Rasnick coached the Bearcats for three seasons, leading them to the state tournament twice. Under Rasnick, they reached the state final four in 2012 and the elite eight this past season.
This leaves two head coach openings at Virginia High. Girls basketball coach Mike Goforth announced last month that he is leaving to become assistant principal at Union High School.
Reed says he expects to have both positions filled within a week.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College