Tennessee will host defending national champion North Carolina on Dec. 17 as part of the Volunteers' 2017-18 schedule.
The Vols released the nonconference portion of their schedule Wednesday.
This will mark the second straight year Tennessee has faced North Carolina. The Vols lost 73-71 at North Carolina last season after leading by as many as 15 points.
Tennessee's other nonconference home opponents include Presbyterian (Nov. 10), High Point (Nov. 14), Mercer (Nov. 29), Lipscomb (Dec. 9) and Furman (Dec. 20). Tennessee's nonconference road schedule includes trips to Georgia Tech (Dec. 3), Wake Forest (Dec. 23) and Iowa State (Jan. 27).
The Vols also will play in the Battle 4 Atlantis from Nov. 22-24 at Paradise Island, Bahamas. The tournament bracket hasn't been announced.
Tennessee went 16-16 last season.
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County