BRISTOL, Tenn. - News 5 WCYB has learned that Tennessee and Virginia Tech will play a football game at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016, according to a source close to the Virginia Tech football program.
BMS officials, reached by telephone Wednesday, will not comment on the story but they have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Monday.
The attendance record for college football is 115,109, set last month at Michigan Stadium for the Michigan-Notre Dame game.
Bristol Motor Speedway can hold 160,000 people.
This would be the second football game played at the famous track. The Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles played an exhibition game there in 1961.
Stay with News 5 WCYB for the latest facts on this story.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome