Bristol, Va. - The Virginia Intermont Cobras baseball team lost their final two home games in program history on Saturday afternoon.
Earlier this week, Virginia Intermont announced that the athletic department would be going away at the end of the current school year.
The Cobras baseball team won a marathon 19-inning game on Friday night.
However, on Saturday the Cobras were unable to finish their home schedule with a win.
Reinhardt beat VI 3-0 in game one and 17-0 in game two.
The Cobras still have several road games left and the conference tournament to participate in.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests