The Virginia Intermont baseball team finished runner-up in the Appalachian Athletic Conference Championship Friday.
The Cobras bid for a conference championship ended with a 10-1 loss to the 2012 national champion Tennessee Wesleyan College.
At the beginning of the season Virginia Intermont was picked to finish last in the AAC.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator