BRISTOL, Va. - News 5 WCYB has learned that Virginia High has named athletic director Barry Reed boys basketball coach. Tazewell's Lee Walker will take over the girls program.
Superintendent of Bristol, Va. city schools Mark Lineburg confirmed the coaching hires Monday night.
Reed currently serves as the school's athletic director. He will continue in that role as he takes over the boys program. He previously coached the girls basketball team for 17 years and the softball team for 18 years.
A decision has not been made yet on whether he will continue to coach the softball team. Reed replaces Wayne Rasnick who stepped down last month.
Walker is coming from Tazewell High School where he recently coached the boys basketball team. He replaces Mike Goforth who left in June.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson