BRISTOL, Va. - The Virginia High baseball team faces Madison County in Friday's state semifinals. Even though head coach Mark Daniels is looking for his second title as a head coach, he still remembers all of his near-misses.
Daniels has finished state runner-up four times with the Bearcats.
"I told the guys I have experienced both sides of it," Daniels told News 5 WCYB.
"It's the greatest feeling in the world when you win, but when you get to the finals and don't win the last one it could be worst feeling in the world."
Daniels won the state championship as a head coach in 1994. He also won as a player and assistant coach.
Virginia High takes on Madison County at 10 a.m. Friday in Salem.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue