BRISTOL, Va. - The Virginia High baseball team faces Madison County in Friday's state semifinals. Even though head coach Mark Daniels is looking for his second title as a head coach, he still remembers all of his near-misses.
Daniels has finished state runner-up four times with the Bearcats.
"I told the guys I have experienced both sides of it," Daniels told News 5 WCYB.
"It's the greatest feeling in the world when you win, but when you get to the finals and don't win the last one it could be worst feeling in the world."
Daniels won the state championship as a head coach in 1994. He also won as a player and assistant coach.
Virginia High takes on Madison County at 10 a.m. Friday in Salem.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex