KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee coach Butch Jones has some complaints with the media coverage of his program and made sure to express them during his Monday press conference.
Jones was asked whether a teammate caused the injury that prevented defensive tackle Shy Tuttle from playing last week in a 17-13 victory over Massachusetts. Jones started out by saying "football is an emotional and a competitive game" before noting the injury wasn't caused by a teammate and that Tuttle merely landed on a helmet.
Jones then expressed his displeasure with the "drama" of Tennessee's media coverage and also used the term "fake news."
Jones expressed optimism Tuttle will be available Saturday when Tennessee (3-1, 0-1 SEC) hosts No. 7 Georgia (4-0, 1-0 SEC). The exact nature of Tuttle's injury hasn't been specified.
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury