KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - University of Tennessee sophomore tight end Brendan Downs was arrested early Sunday morning outside a Knoxville bar. He is charged with underage consumption and public intoxication.
A Knoxville police officer was working an extra job at Wiskey Dix's, on Cumberland Avenue, when the manager of the club escorted the player outside.
According to the police report, once outside the player created a disturbance by becoming loud and using profane language. He was arrested and charged with underage consumption and public intoxication.
Tennessee Associate Athletics Director for Communications Jimmy Stanton told News 5 WCYB that the team is aware of the situation and the matter is being handled internally.
Downs, a Bristol, TN native and Tennessee High graduate, turns 20 in May. He has played in nine games for UT.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens