Stewart-Haas Racing announced Wednesday the anticipated move of driver Aric Almirola to the team's number 10 Ford in 2018 along with sponsor Smithfield.
Almirola, 33, leaves Richard Petty Motorsports to join the SHR stable and former teammate turned owner Tony Stewart. The move fills the void left by Danica Patrick who was unable to secure sponsorship for that car next season.
The Florida native has one NASCAR Cup Series win and five victories during his time in the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series.
Petty announced last month that Bubba Wallace would replace Almirola at RPM next year.
- New Report: NWS confirms three tornadoes in TN during Saturday storms
- New Giving back: Local organization filling trunks, stomachs, and hearts
- New Della Reese, of TV's "Touched by an Angel," has died at 86
- Police: Gray woman arrested after stealing elderly parents' money
- Robert E. Lee portrait taken out of Alexandria City Council chambers