BRISTOL, Va. - The Virginian Golf Club hosted Tennessee State Amateur qualifying on Monday.
Three local golfers qualified for next month's tournament at the Memphis Country Club Aug. 5-8.
Johnson City's Peter Chang - who says he hopes to walk-on at Harvard University in the fall - defeated Bristol's Nic Vandeventer in a playoff to claim the final spot.
"It's pretty big," Chang told News 5 WCYB.
"The biggest amateur tournament in the state. It is a really good feeling to be going into it."
Tusculum's Taylor Smith and Elizabethton's Cory Walker also qualified.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike