BRISTOL, Va. - The Virginian Golf Club hosted Tennessee State Amateur qualifying on Monday.
Three local golfers qualified for next month's tournament at the Memphis Country Club Aug. 5-8.
Johnson City's Peter Chang - who says he hopes to walk-on at Harvard University in the fall - defeated Bristol's Nic Vandeventer in a playoff to claim the final spot.
"It's pretty big," Chang told News 5 WCYB.
"The biggest amateur tournament in the state. It is a really good feeling to be going into it."
Tusculum's Taylor Smith and Elizabethton's Cory Walker also qualified.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor