BRISTOL, Tenn. - Less than a week after beating rival Virginia high in double-overtime, the Tennessee High boys basketball beat the Bearcats in regulation Friday night 59-49.
The Bearcats gained some early momentum after an early three-pointer from Toure Fudge. But the home Vikings countered with back-to-back threes from Zak Kitzmiller and James Shuff.
Senior Caleb Easterling helped Tennessee High build a 13-point halftime lead. On several occasions Easterling was able to make a steal or chase down a loose ball and turn it into an easy two.
Virginia High mounted a comeback in the second half and cut the lead to six with over two minutes to play. But Tennessee High was able to hold off the charge and win by ten.
Tennessee High will enter next week's Big 7 Conference tournament as the second seed.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region