BRISTOL, Tenn. - Less than a week after beating rival Virginia high in double-overtime, the Tennessee High boys basketball beat the Bearcats in regulation Friday night 59-49.
The Bearcats gained some early momentum after an early three-pointer from Toure Fudge. But the home Vikings countered with back-to-back threes from Zak Kitzmiller and James Shuff.
Senior Caleb Easterling helped Tennessee High build a 13-point halftime lead. On several occasions Easterling was able to make a steal or chase down a loose ball and turn it into an easy two.
Virginia High mounted a comeback in the second half and cut the lead to six with over two minutes to play. But Tennessee High was able to hold off the charge and win by ten.
Tennessee High will enter next week's Big 7 Conference tournament as the second seed.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities