Johnson City, Tenn. - One of the most impressive streaks in the region has come to an end.
Science Hill saw their 61-game conference winning streak come to a stunning end on Tuesday night against Tennessee High.
The Vikings virtually led wire-to-wire, beating the Toppers 59-44.
Science Hill's only lead of the game was 1-0.
Tennessee High then went on a 14-0 run to end the first quarter.
The Vikings led by 12 at halftime.
Science Hill cut the lead to six early in the third quarter, but the Vikings soon extended the lead back to double digits for the rest of the game.
Despite the loss, Science Hill still remains in first place in the Big Seven conference with a 6-1 record.
Tennessee High moved to second place in the conference with a 5-2 record.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital