BRISTOL, Tenn. - Del Worsham broke Bristol Dragway's Funny Car time record with a 4.008-second run Friday in qualifying for the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals.
The run also was the quickest in Worsham's career and the best this season. He reached a top speed of 314.83 mph in his Toyota Camry.
Spencer Massey led the Top Fuel field, and Mike Edwards topped the Pro Stock lineup, both breaking the track and time and speed marks. Massey had a 3.775 at 326.79 mph, and season points leader Mike Edwards finished at 6.645 at 207.72 in a Chevy Camaro for ninth No. 1 of the season and 50th overall.
Defending Pro Stock world champ and Greenville, Tenn. native Allen Johnson is currently second in his Team Mopar/J&J Racing Dodge Avenger with a 6.645 pass at 206.70 miles per hour.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University