BRISTOL, Va. - Two years ago Bristol native Bill "Frog" Millhorn started the Southwest Virginia Touchdown Club Blue & Gray Bowl. The game features recently graduated high school football players from local schools.
Millhorn unexpectedly passed away in May. But his all-star game will live on.
Former Rye Cove head coach Mark Sloan has decided to organize the third annual game which will be played July 20 at Virginia High.
"Bill 'Frog' Millhorn was the founder," Sloan told News 5 WCYB.
"We felt like it was a tribute to him to continue with the program. I have kind of had to dig for resources. His wife was kind enough to give me a lot of stuff he had."
After the July 20 game, the Southwest Virginia Touchdown Club and the game's sponsor Consol Energy, will award two players with $1,000 scholarships.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day