BRISTOL, Va. - Rafael Palmeiro played 20 seasons in the major leagues. His son Patrick is starting his career in Bristol.
Patrick Palmeiro was drafted by the White Sox in 2012 out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
The first baseman is in his first full year of minor league baseball after playing in 42 games in the advanced rookie league last year in Great Falls, Montana.
Tuesday night in a 9-7 win over the Kingsport Mets, Palmeiro went 2-4 and drove in three runs.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend