BRISTOL, Va. - Rafael Palmeiro played 20 seasons in the major leagues. His son Patrick is starting his career in Bristol.
Patrick Palmeiro was drafted by the White Sox in 2012 out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
The first baseman is in his first full year of minor league baseball after playing in 42 games in the advanced rookie league last year in Great Falls, Montana.
Tuesday night in a 9-7 win over the Kingsport Mets, Palmeiro went 2-4 and drove in three runs.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- New School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue