BRISTOL, Va. - Rafael Palmeiro played 20 seasons in the major leagues. His son Patrick is starting his career in Bristol.
Patrick Palmeiro was drafted by the White Sox in 2012 out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
The first baseman is in his first full year of minor league baseball after playing in 42 games in the advanced rookie league last year in Great Falls, Montana.
Tuesday night in a 9-7 win over the Kingsport Mets, Palmeiro went 2-4 and drove in three runs.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport