BRISTOL, Va. - Rafael Palmeiro played 20 seasons in the major leagues. His son Patrick is starting his career in Bristol.
Patrick Palmeiro was drafted by the White Sox in 2012 out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
The first baseman is in his first full year of minor league baseball after playing in 42 games in the advanced rookie league last year in Great Falls, Montana.
Tuesday night in a 9-7 win over the Kingsport Mets, Palmeiro went 2-4 and drove in three runs.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin