BRISTOL, Va. - Rafael Palmeiro played 20 seasons in the major leagues. His son Patrick is starting his career in Bristol.
Patrick Palmeiro was drafted by the White Sox in 2012 out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
The first baseman is in his first full year of minor league baseball after playing in 42 games in the advanced rookie league last year in Great Falls, Montana.
Tuesday night in a 9-7 win over the Kingsport Mets, Palmeiro went 2-4 and drove in three runs.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school