Kingsport, Tenn. - The streak is over. Science Hill beat Dobyns-Bennett for the first time since 1994 on Friday night.
The Hilltoppers notched a 35-24 win to put an end to their 19-game losing streak against the Indians.
Science Hill led 7-0 late in the first quarter. But Dobyns-Bennett answered with two touchdowns to take a 14-7 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Dobyns-Bennett extended their lead to 24-14 going to the fourth quarter.
But the final twelve minutes were dominated by the visiting Hilltoppers.
Science Hill scored 21 unanswered points to pull off the comeback and win the Big 7 conference title.
Science Hill finishes the regular season 8-2. With the loss, Dobyns-Bennett wraps up the regular season 6-4.
- New McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail