JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Science Hill senior Addison Adams signed a baseball scholarship Wednesday with Tennessee Wesleyan College.
Adams is the son of former Science Hill standout Gary "Shorty" Adams, who was a dominant running back for the Hilltoppers in the 1980s and later played professional baseball in the Montreal Expos system.
Addison Adams told News 5 WCYB Wednesday that he certainly leaned on his father for advice when it came to picking a college.
"He said this is a business, like all the college sports," Adams said.
"You have to wake up and prove that you are ready to work."
Like his father, Adams was also a running back at Science Hill.
This past season he played in 38 baseball games for the Hilltoppers and batted .343.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day