Brewers 5, Mets 2: Mark Reynolds homered and Wily Peralta notched his career-best 12th victory as host Milwaukee knocked off New York.Ryan Braun, Khris Davis and Jonathan Lucroy added RBI hits as the Brewers won for the seventh time in 10 games. Curtis Granderson homered for the Mets, who are 4-5 on a 10-game road trip.Peralta (12-6) gave up two runs and six hits in 5 2/3 innings to tie for the major-league lead in victories and relievers Zach Duke and Will Smith each struck out three batters in an inning of relief. Francisco Rodriguez bounced back from Friday's blown save to strike out two in the ninth and record his 30th save in 34 opportunities.Jean Segura scored on a wild pitch by Jonathon Niese (5-6) for Milwaukee's first run in a three-run fifth and Lucroy hit a tying double later in the inning and scored on Braun's single to right. Reynolds launched a booming shot to center off Carlos Torres with two outs in sixth to give the Brewers a 4-2 edge and Davis added a run-scoring double in the eighth.Lucas Duda's RBI single in the third got New York on the board and the lead reached 2-0 when Granderson homered to lead off the fifth. Niese allowed three runs and five hits in five innings.GAME NOTEBOOK: Reynolds is 6-for-11 with three homers over his last three games. … The Mets placed RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (elbow) on the 15-day disabled list and recalled RHP Buddy Carlyle from Triple-A Las Vegas. … Brewers 2B Scooter Gennett (quadriceps) missed his fourth straight game.
- Fire destroys Castlewood funeral home
- Town of Erwin decides barbeque stand has to leave town
- Suspect wanted in theft of purse, checks
- Assistant coach at local school charged with sexual assault of student
- Bristol, TN Police search for attempted armed robbery suspects
- Canada PM: Soldier slain 'in cold blood'
- Read the latest StormTrack 5 Forecast
- VFW posts facing tough times