JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Soon-to-be ETSU freshman golfer Cayman Ratliff is ready to break out at this weekend's top amateur golf tournament.
Ratliff recently graduated from Sullivan South High School. The Kingsport native will be joining the ETSU golf team as a freshman in the fall. But this summer, he's ready to assert himself as one of the area's top amateurs.
Ratliff will tee it up Saturday and Sunday in the annual Tillinghast Invitational golf tournament at the Johnson City Country Club.
"The winning score is going to be between seven and nine under," Ratliff told News 5 WCYB.
"I like my chances. I feel like I can go out there and shoot that number."
Over 100 golfers will square off Saturday and Sunday in the 36-hole stroke play event.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation