JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tyler Minton has faced some tough opponents in his professional mixed martial arts career. None of them compare to his recent battle, keeping a secret from those in his corner.
Minton and his wife Kelsey run The Colosseum workout center in Johnson City.
"Opened it up on five-thousand dollars that was supposed to go towards our honeymoon," Minton told News 5 WCYB.
His solo project is fighting, and he recently received a big break. Minton was selected to be a contestant on the reality show The Ultimate Fighter.
His fight - which he needed to win to continue on the program - happened six months ago in Las Vegas. The Mintons have had to keep the result secret all this time.
"You sign a nondisclosure agreement saying you won't say a word," Minton said.
With his television fight debut upon them, they are excited for their six-month secret to be let out.
"I am kind of glad everyone will know the result and we won't have to keep it a secret anymore," Kelsey Minton told News 5 WCYB.
The show aired Wednesday night on the cable station FOX SPORTS 1.
Minton came up short against another fighter in his 185-pound weight class.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin