Emory & Henry College Head Men's Basketball Coach Paul Russo has resigned, according to Emory & Henry Director of Athletics Myra Sims.
Russo coached the Wasps for six seasons, compiling a 42-112 record.
"I have appreciated the opportunity to work with Paul for the past three years as he is a professional with great loyalty to - and love for - this institution and the men's basketball program," said Sims.
"We will miss having him on staff and wish him the best of luck as he moves on from E&H."
Russo, a 2003 Emory & Henry graduate and four-year letterwinner for the Wasps, saw two of his players earn All-Old Dominion Athletic Conference honors. Terrance Grigg was named to the second team in 2010-11 while Malcolm Green earned all-league third-team honors in 2011-12.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire