Bristol, Va. - Celebrities from the world of sports gathered in Bristol, Virginia on Monday to raise money for a great cause. The 2014 Niswonger Children's Hospital Golf Classic raised $700,000, according to event organizers. This year's golf classic was held at the Virginian.
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning headlined a long list of celebrities to attend the event. Dan Marino, Frank Beamer, Bruce Pearl, Jason Witten and Phillip Fulmer were among the many others to participate in the golf tournament.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend