KINGSPORT, Tenn. - San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Daniel Kilgore was arrested for public intoxication last weekend in Kingsport.
According to the police report the incident happened early on January 26.
Police say 26-year-old Kilgore along with 25-year-old Brandon Thompson were found staggering on West Stone Drive.
The arresting officer says he noticed a strong smell of alcohol and that both men had red eyes and dilated pupils.
The report explains they were arrested for "their safety and the welfare of the public."
Kilgore is a former Dobyns-Bennett standout. He was a fifth-round pick in the 2011 NFL draft out of Appalachian State.
He has played in every game the last two seasons with the 49ers including last year's Super Bowl.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman