Bristol, Va. - News 5 WCYB has confirmed that John Battle head football coach Brian Lee has resigned, and former coach Steve Wright is returning to help lead the team this week.
Athletic director Tim Sholes confirmed to News 5 WCYB Tuesday that Lee resigned his position as head football coach. Lee only coached one game, a 60-20 loss this past Friday to Abingdon.
Lee replaced Steve Wright in May. Wright was highly successful and popular in three seasons with the Trojans, taking them to three straight postseasons.
Sholes said Wright will help the team in "some capacity" this week.
John Battle plays at Virginia High Friday night.
- New Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin