Bristol, Va. - News 5 WCYB has confirmed that John Battle head football coach Brian Lee has resigned, and former coach Steve Wright is returning to help lead the team this week.
Athletic director Tim Sholes confirmed to News 5 WCYB Tuesday that Lee resigned his position as head football coach. Lee only coached one game, a 60-20 loss this past Friday to Abingdon.
Lee replaced Steve Wright in May. Wright was highly successful and popular in three seasons with the Trojans, taking them to three straight postseasons.
Sholes said Wright will help the team in "some capacity" this week.
John Battle plays at Virginia High Friday night.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport