Bristol, Va. - News 5 WCYB has confirmed that John Battle head football coach Brian Lee has resigned, and former coach Steve Wright is returning to help lead the team this week.
Athletic director Tim Sholes confirmed to News 5 WCYB Tuesday that Lee resigned his position as head football coach. Lee only coached one game, a 60-20 loss this past Friday to Abingdon.
Lee replaced Steve Wright in May. Wright was highly successful and popular in three seasons with the Trojans, taking them to three straight postseasons.
Sholes said Wright will help the team in "some capacity" this week.
John Battle plays at Virginia High Friday night.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City