EMORY, Va. - On Thursday afternoon Emory and Henry College Sports Information Director Joe Matthews confirmed the NCAA is investigating the school's athletic department.
We have been in touch with the Matthews and athletic director Myra Sims about this report, but they would not comment, only issuing this statement:
"Last summer, Emory & Henry College officials self-reported an issue to the National College Athletic Association soon after the issue was brought to their attention. Since then, the College has been cooperating fully with an inquiry conducted by NCAA officials. Emory & Henry College takes seriously our obligation to comply with NCAA regulations."
We've left messages for the NCAA Division III office. Those calls have not been immediately returned.
We'll bring you more details on this story as they're available.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims