LOUDON, N.H. (AP) - Kyle Busch turned a lap of 135.049 mph to win the pole Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Busch took the top spot for the second straight week in NASCAR's version of the playoffs. Busch dominated early in the postseason opener at Chicagoland Speedway until miscues on pit road sent him to a 15th-place finish.
Kyle Larson, who won the pole in July at New Hampshire, joins Busch on the front row. Larson was second in the first Cup race at the track.
Playoff drivers took 13 of the top 14 spots. The 16-driver field is sliced to 12 after next weekend's race at Dover.
Denny Hamlin, Ryan Blaney and Martin Truex Jr. fill out the rest of the top five. Truex won last week's race at Chicagoland.
- Thousands driving through Tri-Cities to be with loved ones, this Thanksgiving
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places