NASCAR Hall of Fame member and late model sportsman champion Jack Ingram is in serious condition following a car crash Sunday near Asheville.
“We are currently by his side, managing his care with his clinicians and will decide next steps,” said a family statement released to NASCAR.com. “We remain hopeful and positive, and appreciate all thoughts and prayers. We will provide updates as information becomes available.”
Ingram, 80, won more than 300 races during his career which stretched from the early 1970s until his retirement in 1991. He was inducted into the hall of fame in 2013.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters