DOVER, Del. (AP) - Ryan Blaney crashed the Xfinity Series playoffs and the Cup regular dominated Saturday to win the race at Dover International Speedway.
NASCAR imposed limits this season on how many times the elite Cup drivers can race in NASCAR's second-tier series. Blaney made the Cup playoffs with a win at Pocono and played spoiler at Dover in the second race of the Xfinity playoffs.
Blaney took the checkered flag and squeezed it through a fence to give it to a young fan.
Xfinity playoff drivers took the second through six spots and nine of the top 11. Justin Allgaier was second, followed by William Byron, Daniel Hemric and Brennan Poole.
Blaney won for the second time in nine Xfinity races driving the No. 22 Ford for team owner Roger Penske.
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination