TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) - Parker Kligerman won the Truck Series race at Talladega Superspeedway, where the focus was on John Hunter Nemechek's desperate push to advance in the playoffs.
Nemechek entered Saturday's elimination race last in the eight-driver field, but could advance into NASCAR's Round of 6 with some help. He got it very early in the race when Chase Briscoe headed to the garage with a mechanical problem, then Kaz Grala wrecked.
But Nemechek was involved in his own accident and Briscoe got back on track. His wounded truck was wrapped tightly in tape, and Nemechek seemed to barely be hanging on as he dodged and weaved several accidents to grab a hard-earned sixth-place finish. It gave him the final spot in the playoffs.
Kligerman won his second career Truck Series race, both at Talladega. This was just his seventh race of the year.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School