BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Blountville's Nate Monteith grew up in the shadows of Bristol Motor Speedway.
He's competed at BMS before, but he admits he's never gotten his big break. It could be coming next month in the UNOH 200 Camping World Truck Series race at BMS.
Monteith is teaming up with local businessman K.D. Moore and DDK Motorsports. Together they purchased two NASCAR-style trucks that Kyle Busch used to drive.
"We always had a dream to look bigger," Monteith told News 5 WCYB.
"The opportunity came along to purchase some Toyota trucks that Kyle Busch previously raced. All the things are falling into place and coming together quickly."
Monteith will be making his third start in the truck series at BMS. In his last appearance in 2010, he competed, but then crashed and finished 26th.
"Hopefully we can have a little bit of luck on our side, keep our nose clean and be there at the end."
Monteith is hoping to turn one race into several more. He is hoping to drive full-time next season in the truck series.
"You have to have people coming on board with us. That's what we're hoping to do. Being based out of Bristol there are a lot of Bristol companies that we would like to get involved with."
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport