On Thursday, Tennessee High announced the hiring of Union Athletic Director Mike Goforth as their new girl's basketball coach.
However, Goforth tells News 5 he's had a change of heart since making the decision and will remain at Union High for the upcoming year.
Goforth says the decision was made with his family in mind, and especially his young son.
"Tennessee High is a great job and a great school," Goforth says. "They will do well but my heart and my future is in Wise County."
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County