Chilhowie, Va. native and NASCAR driver Eric McClure appeared live on News 5 WCYB at 6 Thursday evening.
The driver of the #14 Hefty/Reynolds Camry will compete in Saturday's Drive To Stop Diabetes 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway. It will be his 15th Nationwide Series race at what is considered his home track.
McClure says he is looking forward to the new group qualifying format making its debut on a short track.
"Bristol in itself is a different animal," McClure told News 5 WCYB.
"The new qualifying will create more excitement. Fans will definitely get their money's worth. It is going to be fun to watch."
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting