Chilhowie, Va. native and NASCAR driver Eric McClure appeared live on News 5 WCYB at 6 Thursday evening.
The driver of the #14 Hefty/Reynolds Camry will compete in Saturday's Drive To Stop Diabetes 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway. It will be his 15th Nationwide Series race at what is considered his home track.
McClure says he is looking forward to the new group qualifying format making its debut on a short track.
"Bristol in itself is a different animal," McClure told News 5 WCYB.
"The new qualifying will create more excitement. Fans will definitely get their money's worth. It is going to be fun to watch."
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator