Elizabethton, Tenn. - Church Hill native Lucas Armstrong won the 19th annual East Tennessee Amateur golf tournament. Armstrong, who plays college golf at Middle Tennessee State University won the ETA for the first time.
Armstrong shot a 3 under par 69 in the final round to post a three stroke victory over Bryan Sangid.
Sangid started the final round tied for the lead with Armstrong, but Sangid shot a 72 on Sunday.
The final round was delayed twice because of the weather.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development