Elizabethton, Tenn. - Church Hill native Lucas Armstrong won the 19th annual East Tennessee Amateur golf tournament. Armstrong, who plays college golf at Middle Tennessee State University won the ETA for the first time.
Armstrong shot a 3 under par 69 in the final round to post a three stroke victory over Bryan Sangid.
Sangid started the final round tied for the lead with Armstrong, but Sangid shot a 72 on Sunday.
The final round was delayed twice because of the weather.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death