Elizabethton, Tenn. - Church Hill native Lucas Armstrong won the 19th annual East Tennessee Amateur golf tournament. Armstrong, who plays college golf at Middle Tennessee State University won the ETA for the first time.
Armstrong shot a 3 under par 69 in the final round to post a three stroke victory over Bryan Sangid.
Sangid started the final round tied for the lead with Armstrong, but Sangid shot a 72 on Sunday.
The final round was delayed twice because of the weather.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death