New York - Former Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Former Hokie cornerback Antone Exum was selected in the 6th round by the Minnesota Vikings giving the Hokies three players drafted. Kyle Fuller was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the first round.
Tennessee had two players selected on day 3 of the draft. Offensive Lineman Zach Fulton was picked by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 6th round. Defensive Lineman Dan McCullers was also selected in the 6th round by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Vols also finished the draft with a total of three players drafted.
Former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam was selected in the 7th round by the St. Louis Rams. Sam is the first openly gay player to be drafted in league history.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death