Chip Ganassi Racing confirmed Friday that long-time sponsor Target will be leaving as their primary sponsor after 16 years following the conclusion of the 2017 cup campaign.
Current Target driver Kyle Larson is currently third in the NASCAR Monster Cup Energy Series point standings with two wins and four poles under his belt this season.
"I have had an unbelievable relationship with Target for 28 years and I have to thank them for their long-time support. ... Kyle Larson is a once-in-a-generation talent, he and the No. 42 Chevrolet will still be on the track for a long time, the only difference is that they will have different colors," Ganassi said in a statement.
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County
- Chilhowie's 1970 state championship team ready to 'pass the torch'
- Police: Former Abingdon Ambulance Service employee charged with morphine theft