KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Speedway owner Robert Pressley will have a vote in the 2014 NASCAR Hall Of Fame election.
The former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver is a member of the voting panel for the first time. Pressley was also a member of the nominating committee and he's been lobbying for Speedway Motorsports CEO Bruton Smith.
"I think he's been overlooked," Pressley told News 5 WCYB Thursday.
"What he's done for the sport is astronomical. I think it looks very good for Bruton Smith on the list. He stands a very good chance of getting in."
The voting panel will meet in early May. The results, including a fan vote on NASCAR.com, will be announced May 22.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day