KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Speedway owner Robert Pressley will have a vote in the 2014 NASCAR Hall Of Fame election.
The former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver is a member of the voting panel for the first time. Pressley was also a member of the nominating committee and he's been lobbying for Speedway Motorsports CEO Bruton Smith.
"I think he's been overlooked," Pressley told News 5 WCYB Thursday.
"What he's done for the sport is astronomical. I think it looks very good for Bruton Smith on the list. He stands a very good chance of getting in."
The voting panel will meet in early May. The results, including a fan vote on NASCAR.com, will be announced May 22.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run