Bristol, Va. - The 5th annual Ballard Lee golf tournament was held on Saturday at Clear Creek golf course in Bristol, Va.
The tournament is held in honor of former Virginia High basketball coach Ballard Lee.
Each year two students from Virginia High are awarded two $500 scholarships and a laptop computer.
Isiah Porter and Jessica Ritter were the recipients of the 2013 Ballard Lee scholarships.
Porter will attend Averett University in the fall.
" This means a lot to me and to know of the legacy of this man and to know that I got this scholarship, it's out of this world," said Porter.
Ritter will attend King University in the fall.
" King is expensive. It's going to help me a lot. I got a $500 scholarship, it's going to help with tuition, books and housing. The laptop I got will help with my studies," said Ritter.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations