Bristol native Justin Grimm has been promoted from the Des Moines Iowa Cubs to Chicago.
Grimm has been pitching for Class AAA Des Moines since being traded from the Texas Rangers to the Chicago Cubs in June.
Grimm heard about his promotion while in Nashville Monday night for a minor league game.
The former Virginia High Bearcat was 7-7 with the Rangers this season.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson