Two years ago, local racer John King won the truck series race at Daytona. Next week he will try to win again.
King is racing in the Nextera Energy Resources 250 Feb. 21.
The Kingsport native will drive the #20 NTS Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado. His truck is sponsored by GunBroker.com.
He told News 5 WCYB Friday he will hit the track for the first time this coming Wednesday during truck series practice.
King says his deal with NTS Motorsports is for the Daytona race, but it could develop into more races this season in the truck series.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough