Two years ago, local racer John King won the truck series race at Daytona. Next week he will try to win again.
King is racing in the Nextera Energy Resources 250 Feb. 21.
The Kingsport native will drive the #20 NTS Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado. His truck is sponsored by GunBroker.com.
He told News 5 WCYB Friday he will hit the track for the first time this coming Wednesday during truck series practice.
King says his deal with NTS Motorsports is for the Daytona race, but it could develop into more races this season in the truck series.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics