Two years ago, local racer John King won the truck series race at Daytona. Next week he will try to win again.
King is racing in the Nextera Energy Resources 250 Feb. 21.
The Kingsport native will drive the #20 NTS Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado. His truck is sponsored by GunBroker.com.
He told News 5 WCYB Friday he will hit the track for the first time this coming Wednesday during truck series practice.
King says his deal with NTS Motorsports is for the Daytona race, but it could develop into more races this season in the truck series.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon